The liver is one of the most important organs in the human body. Most of the substances from the intestine passes into the blood passing through the liver for further chemical processing.
The liver is the organ which metabolizes a large part alcohol entered into the body. To meet the needs of the organism, normal liver function with 1/3 of their options. This means that when are damaged 2/3rd of liver tissue, it can still meet the needs of the organism and laboratory blood tests will still show relatively normal. When it is damaged and the last third of the liver, only then will the laboratory analysis show poor results.
Several years of excessive drinking is enough for hepatic phenomena changes. At the same time change and laboratory findings. This is called symptomatic phase of alcoholic liver disease. Moderately increased levels of SGOT and retention of BSP. If at this stage you stop drinking, the liver will be completely recover.
The first stage of alcoholic liver damage is hepatosis. There is a build-up of fat in the liver. This damage can be rehabilitated if you completely stop the consumption of alcohol and take appropriate treatment. If you continue with drinking it leads to liver cirrhosis.
Cirrhosis is a chronic, more or less long-lasting and incurable disease. It destroys liver cells and in their place creates fat or connective tissue. The liver gradually loses its function. Due to the difficult flow of venous blood through the liver develops collateral circulation in several specific sites in the body (hemorrhoidal veins, the veins of the esophagus, abdominal subcutaneous veins).
Enlargement of the liver
It occurs in various liver diseases such as chronic inflammation, cirrhosis, and fatty liver. Usually there is a deterioration of liver cells and proliferation of connective tissue.
– Club Moss (Lycopodium clavatum): daily drink only one cup of tea,early in the morning on an empty stomach .
– Milk thistle: Teaspoon ground seeds pour a quart of boiling water. After 20 minutes proceed in a thermos and drink 3 times a day half an hour before a meal . Mint will, if we add, make tastier and more efficient
– Take equal parts of parsley seeds, Gold and desperate. Three tablespoons of the mixture pour the 1/2 liter of boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. Drink one tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach and at bedtime.
Wraps for enlarged liver
– The kale: put as lining in the area of diseased or enlarged liver.
Clogging channels in the liver
– Take 50 g of wheat, barley and oats, cleaned and soak overnight in 2 liters of water. In the morning overcook the grain. Daily drink 1 liter concoction with a little fresh lemon juice..
Acute inflammation of the liver
Patients struggling abdominal pain, loss of appetite, vomiting. He must begin with a strict diet and rest in bed. It is important to immediately consult a doctor who will supervise the treatment.
Teas for acute inflammation of the liver
– Pomegranate: drink three times a day one cup of tea an hour before meals.
– Yarrow, chamomile, mint, couch grass, dandelion (helps cleansing of toxins), blackberries, St. John’s wort.
– Take 100 g of sage, lemon balm 50 g and 25 g wormwood and mix thoroughly. In half a liter of boiling water put 3 tablespoons of the mixture and leave for 5 minutes. Drink 3 times by a salt during the meal.
– Chamomile, dandelion, lemon balm, blackberry, couch grass, yarrow, rosehip and St. John’s wort taken in equal parts. For one cup of boiling water put one tablespoon of the mixture and leave for 5 minutes. Drink one cup of tea a day for 15 minutes before eating.
Chronic liver inflammation
Chronic inflammation of the liver may occur after acute inflammation, but can also be a hereditary disease, particularly in young women. In some cases, it is less dangerous, without any symptoms are manifested by slight disturbances in the upper abdomen. In other cases, the disease progresses rapidly to cirrhosis of the liver. Symptoms are
Teas for chronic inflammation
– Lavender: a handful of lavender boil in a liter of water and let stand for ten minutes. Drink three times a day.
– Take a paintbrush and yarrow, stir in equal parts. Then, 4-5 tsp mixture pour one liter of boiling water and leave for 15 minutes. Strain and drink 3 times a day for 2 cups before meals.
– Pelin, St. John’s wort: a half tablespoons of wormwood and 1.5 tablespoons of St. John’s wort pour a pint of boiling water. Filtrated and drink fourteen days, three times a day before meals.
– Elder, lemon balm, walnut leaves, chicory: to strengthen and better work, five tablespoons of the mixture of these herbs pour a liter of boiling water. We drink fourteen days, several times a day.
– Dandelion, Yarrow, paint brushes: 3 tablespoons of mixture of chopped dandelion root and blossom and flowers and leaves of yarrow and paintbrush cook 3 minutes in a liter of water. Drink 3 times a day after main meals, 2 cups of tea for 10 days.
Cirrhosis is a chronic liver disease which leads to the deterioration of the cells and proliferation of connective tissue, and blood flow disorders in the liver. The main causes are alcohol abuse and viral infections of the liver (hepatitis B and C). The disease is often long unrecognizable. Patients complain of weakness, nausea, loss of appetite and pain in the upper abdomen. In advanced disease, there is enlargement of the liver and stomach, swelling on the body, redness of the palms and odor similar to the smell of the earth. Nutrition patients is free with a limit fatty, acidic and bitter foods and ban alcohol consumption.
– Take in equal parts of couch grass, juniper berries, nettle, birch and balm, and mix thoroughly. Prepare a tea and drink 3 times a day for one cup 15 minutes before eating.
– Take 10 g centaury, 15 g of lemon balm, 20 g of juniper berries, mint 20 g and 20 g of thyme: a teaspoon of mixture to put 5 minutes in a cup of boiling water and drain. Daily drink 1-2 cups of hot tea.
FOR ANY PROBLEM OR SYMPTOMS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.