Who doesn’t want to watch TV? We all have at least one show or a series that keeps us in front of the TV screen. But, instead of just watching TV, you can use the time spent in front of the TV to tighten your body also.
Exercise while watching TV can help you in your goal to have a body as you wish. Instead of passively staring at the screen or during commercials to go to the kitchen for more snacks, be active spectator and practice.
Exercise while watching TV
1. Bolstering feet with seating. Sit on a chair, keep spine straight and cleave feet on the floor. Lift your right foot off the floor and lift the foot up until your leg is outstretched in a straight line. The amount of which will be raised leg should be the same as the height of the seat of the chair. Keep your foot in this position for 2-3 seconds, and then lower it. Do 10-15 reps with left and same with right foot. Start with 2 series.
2 Rising from a chair. Sit on the edge of the chair. Feet need to be attached to the floor and at the same distance as your shoulders. Without using your hands, press your feet on the floor and get up while you squeeze the muscles of the buttocks. The spine should be straight. Then, slowly, drop and before touching the chair,start again. Start with 15 repetitions.
3. Replace the couch with pilates ball. Sitting on pilates ball is recommended by many doctors. It helps to improve posture and strengthens the muscles in the stomach, because you need constantly to keep balance. Sit down to watch your favorite series on Pilates ball.
4. Jog in place. While watching TV, jog in place. An episode of TV series takes an average of 40-45 minutes. If each day jog in place while watching your favorite series, for short time you will have enough stamina to jog in place during the entire episode.
5. Jumping rope. Leave rope next to your couch. During commercials, get up and start to jump.
Rope jump is good cardio, it’s good for burning calories and also it improves your foot speed.
6. Exercise Equipment If you have some, set it in front of a TV. Stationary bike or steppers will mostly help if front of the TV. You will exercise and watch your favorite movie at same time.