Coconut water is the liquid inside young (green) coconuts. Coconut water is popular drink in tropical countries and it can be found fresh or bottled.
Coconut water is used all around the world, not just in tropical countries. You can find bottled coconut water in almost every market. It is refreshing drink and it has a sweet, nutty taste.
In 100 ml. coconut water you can find no more than 20 calories, less than 1 percent of fat and protein, low in vitamins and minerals, but still, more than sodas. This refreshing drink, packed with electrolytes and simple sugars, is best choice to replenish dehydration.
Although the nutritional value of coconut water looks poor, this drink, low in calories and cholesterol free has many healthy benefits.
Health benefits of coconut water
- Cytokines found in coconut water has anti-cancer, anti-ageing and anti-thrombotic effects;
- Due to presence of amino acids, enzymes, and fatty acids and low amount of sodium; this good balanced drink is good for your stomach and against diarrhea;
- Natural bioactive enzymes, such as catalase, dehydrogenase, acid phosphatase etc. helps in digestion and boost metabolism;
- Gives strength in the generation of thyroid hormones;
- Natural diuretic, ideal and beneficial for people with kidney problems;
- Cleans urinary tract;
- Help in boosting immune system;
- Helps in destroying microbes that cause infections, especially those in urinary tract;
- Enhances absorption of fiber, vitamins and minerals;
- Harmonizes electrolytes in the body etc.
”Coconut water is super hydrating and has kept me going in long matches and prevented me from cramping even in the hottest and most humid conditions.” John Isner-Professional Tennis Player
As you can see, consuming coconut water, instead of your favorite soda is much healthier.
Also, despite all this healthy benefits, let’s take a look on the effects, what will happen to your body if you regularly consume this amazing drink every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Chances for chronic fatigue are greatly reduced. Coconut water provides excellent support of vitality with just half a glass a day.;
- One glass of coconut water in the morning will moisturize your skin for entire day;
- Reduce appearance of acne;
- Reduce scrubs and skin irritations;
- Kills intestinal parasites and purifies the body;
- Promotes well being;
- Reduces chances for headache;
- Aids in Weight-loss Efforts;
- Promotes Regularity of Bowel Movements;
- Reduces Blood Pressure etc.
Seems like It’s time to remove soda from your shopping list and add coconut water instead.