Today our industry offers a wide range of detergents for cleaning and washing, but there is no washing detergent that does not contain phosphates and chemical substances that enter the layers of fabric of the clothes and then to go on our skin.
In this article we bring you one natural way to wash your clothes, without usage of chemicals which can be harmful for your skin. This is especially useful for small kids and infants and also for people with sensitive skin who often get allergies and different types of skin reactions from chemicals which today detergents contain.
This way you won’t throw away money for expensive washing detergents and fabric softeners, and what is most important, you will have completely natural, chemicals free washing detergent for your clothes.
Here is the recipe for natural detergent and for fabric softener.
For homemade natural washing detergent you will need:
- 1 natural washing soap
- 50 g. Baking soda
- 1 l. water
- Lavender etheric oil (5ml.)
1. Grind the soap first and put in a pan with hot water on low heat and stir until it melt.
2. When the soap is melted add the baking soda slowly and stir well all the time. Make sure the baking soda is completely dissolved in water.
3. When the solution is all mixed well, add about 5 ml. lavender oil and stir little bit more.
4.Let the mixture to cool off and transfer it in some plastic container. The mixture can look like powder.
Use 2 tablespoons for machine washing.
For natural fabric softener you will need:
- 100 g. Baking soda
- 500 ml. White vinegar
- 2 Cups water
- Lavender etheric oil (Few drops)
1. In a large plastic bowl mix warm the water and vinegar and add the baking soda, mixing constantly. It’s recommend that all the ingredients are mixed in a larger plastic bowl because of the reaction, which can be very turbulent (in terms of foaming). When all is mixed well, add few drops of lavender oil and stir few more times.
2. Pour the liquid into few plastic bottles where you will keep the natural softener.
3. Shake the bottle of fabric softener before each use.
We hope you find this article useful.